SecurityMetrics is continuing to expand our development team and is looking for individuals with the talent, energy and drive to work together in a collaborative Agile environment delivering world-class software products. We are looking for a highly motivated engineering director to drive our development agenda.
The successful candidate is a self-starter who thrives in participating and managing a collaborative, cross-functional Agile environment. The candidate must be capable of working with team members to train and build scrum teams to produce working software in short iterations. The candidate will be responsible to define the technical vision and lead the team to achieve SecurityMetrics Product Development goals. We value passion for software craftsmanship balanced with a commitment to deliver customer focused solutions on schedule.
Our ideal candidate is an individual with hands-on experience delivering a variety of both internal and customer-facing applications. Exceptional collaboration skills are needed to work with product management, peer development teams and our customers. This individual will serve as a key contributor to strategy and operations of the SecurityMetrics team and will be instrumental in leading the engineering team to award winning product and technology success.
- Active technical leadership including: propose or approve designs, development, and support of software solutions.
- Drive thought leadership for the Development organization.
- Lead, coach and mentor Agile teams.
- Monitor, report and improve process effectiveness, resource allocation, product quality, and achievement of milestones and deadlines.
- Identify and track metrics to ensure quality objectives are met and recommend process improvements.
- Determine and recommend methods to streamline and improve development processes and procedures.
- Oversee all aspects of personnel management including; hiring, training, performance reviews and compensation.
- Handle escalations and all higher-level management issues.
- Self-starter with an attitude and willingness to both learn and teach.
- Experience managing a medium to large development team supervising multiple managers.
- Deep understanding of software development methodologies, solid design principles, and design patterns.
- Practical Test Driven Development experience.
- Passion for automation in all things including Unit, Regression, Performance and other test processes.
- Experience leading an Agile Programming team.
- Experience with one or more current consumer facing web stacks and understanding of scalable web architecture.
- Experience with Python, Webpy, postgresql is a plus.
- Data driven, deep personalization of online user experience.
- Hands-on, detail-driven leadership style, passionate about delivering quality products.
- Ability to work well with product management to define product and product roadmaps that meet customer and market needs.
- Ability to work well under pressure and relentlessly strives to achieve customer satisfaction.
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience managing engineering teams that designed, developed and launched complex products.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or an equivalent combination of formal education and directly related experience, is required.
- A Masters degree in Computer Science is preferred.
SecurityMetrics is a global leader in payment data security for all business sizes, and as an Approved Scanning Vendor and Qualified Security Assessor, has helped over 1 million organizations manage PCI DSS compliance and/or secure their network infrastructure, data communication, and other information assets. Among other things, SecurityMetrics offers HIPAA compliance service and tools, PCI audits, PA-DSS audits, consulting, mobile device vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, security appliances, data discovery tools, and forensic analysis. For more information visit www.securitymetrics.com.
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.